Re: leading digits of an LCG

pschax_at_gmail.com
Date: 05/01/05

Date: 30 Apr 2005 21:42:18 -0700

for an LCG with the modulus 2**m - 1
the maximum periodicity is 2**m - 1.
what i was wondering is whether with in
this sequence of numbers (which repeats
after 2**m - 1) the 2**m -1 numbers formed
by leading digits of these numbers are periodic or not ?

>P.S. By the way, all such sequences are periodic

if u were talking about the sequence I mentioned
just now..
can u please give me reference or clue to
proof of such a thing. i'm interested in that .
I tried but failed proving eitherway.
thanx.

chax.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Modulus, Factoring and Compressing random data
    ... information and my attention has turned to Modulus. ... Turns out this is the basis of many factoring efforts. ... I see a factor when the sequence ends with the second to last element ... Here is an interesting thing If I divide by 861 all is well and the ...
    (comp.compression)
  • Re: Modulus, Factoring and Compressing random data
    ... information and my attention has turned to Modulus. ... Turns out this is the basis of many factoring efforts. ... I see a factor when the sequence ends with the second to last element ... Here is an interesting thing If I divide by 861 all is well and the ...
    (comp.compression)
  • Re: help differentiating abs function
    ... differentiate the 2nd term because it is really just a probability ... value i.e. the prob that the mth sequence of sis the ... the Hermitian inner product of the two vectors. ...
    (comp.dsp)
  • Primitive polynomials
    ... I've recently been looking at primitive polynomials (mainly due to ... Although it's necessary for a LFSR's tap sequence to be defined by ... Although it's necessary for the LFSR's sequence of internal states ... to have maximum periodicity, it seems to me that this isn't sufficient ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • proof regarding radix and mod
    ... I know by trying some examples hat a sequence of numbers expressed as a ... radix, n is congruent in terms of modulus for n - 1. ...
    (sci.math)