Re: Vigenere style One time pad?

From: Joe Peschel (jpeschel_at_no.spam.org)
Date: 04/04/05

Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2005 06:11:52 -0000

"AdderD" <adderd@kkmfg.com> wrote in
news:1112560931.625132.93780@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

> Make a program that uses techniques to get random data to use for the
> one time pad. Take a random (but larger than X and smaller than Y)
> amount of this data and store it to a pen drive. Then use the random
> data as a one time pad, Vigenere style, to encrypt one file. The true
> size of this one time pad will not be known to anyone who does not have
> access to the file the pad is stored in.

See my post in the "Practical one-time pad variants" thread. Substitute the
Vigenère tableau for the XOR function.

When will Bush be tried for war crimes?
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we.  They
never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our
people, and neither do we." --G. W. B.
Joe Peschel
D.O.E. SysWorks
http://members.aol.com/jpeschel/index.htm

  • Re: Vigenere style One time pad?
    ... >> What danger is there really in using a one time pad that is not quite ... >> the size of the file to encrypt? ... AdderD stretches the meaning of "one time" a bit. ... is unbreakable if the OTP is at least 1000 000 bytes long. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: New unbreakable encryption method
    ... between two computers. ... Add an array of random numbers that can be used ... That is not, and cannot be, a One Time Pad. ... To be an OTP the amount of key material must equal or exceed the size ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Vigenere style One time pad?
    ... "AdderD" wrote: ... > I say this because I think a lot of people are over stating the ease of ... > cracking a reused one time pad. ... a reused one time pad might be a good idea. ...
    (sci.crypt)