Re: Vigenere style One time pad?

From: Joe Peschel (jpeschel_at_no.spam.org)
Date: 04/04/05

Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2005 06:11:52 -0000

"AdderD" <adderd@kkmfg.com> wrote in
news:1112560931.625132.93780@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

> Make a program that uses techniques to get random data to use for the
> one time pad. Take a random (but larger than X and smaller than Y)
> amount of this data and store it to a pen drive. Then use the random
> data as a one time pad, Vigenere style, to encrypt one file. The true
> size of this one time pad will not be known to anyone who does not have
> access to the file the pad is stored in.

See my post in the "Practical one-time pad variants" thread. Substitute the
Vigenère tableau for the XOR function.

When will Bush be tried for war crimes?
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we.  They
never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our
people, and neither do we." --G. W. B.
Joe Peschel
D.O.E. SysWorks
http://members.aol.com/jpeschel/index.htm