Re: Thou shalt have no other gods before the ANSI C standard

From: Brian Boutel (boutelbNOSPAM_at_acm.org)
Date: 03/02/05

Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 18:16:29 +1300

Brian Inglis wrote:
>can just import them?
>>
>>The tragic irony is that professionals who immigrate to this country
>>find that their credentials are not recognized; many of them wind up
>>working minimum-wage jobs.
>

> As if the quality of European or Eastern European education is likely
> to be worse than ours!
> I heard from someone who knew a couple who divorced, when he went to
> NZ to do his medical residency, because they don't have to work insane
> hours there!

I don't think the junior doctors here would agree with you.

We also have E European and Mid East surgeons driving taxis, while many
of our local medical graduates go overseas because they can't afford to
pay off their student loans on NZ salaries. Same with nurses.

--brian

--
Brian Boutel
Wellington, New Zealand