Re: Is reverse engineering legal ?

From: Guy Macon (http://www.guymacon.com)
Date: 11/23/04

Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 02:44:28 +0000

Joe Peschel wrote:

>An example, please.

Can I sue you for posting 82 lines of quoted material, adding three
words at the bottom, then attaching an eleven line .sig? :)

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Epson R1800 and generic ink and Paper
    ... completely fallacious reasoning since the posting had only an original ... quote in it above and a new bottom posting that happened to be placed ... below the sig. ... I bottom post not for current readers, but because anyone who has to ...
    (comp.periphs.printers)
  • Re: top posting
    ... > there's nothing more aggravating than scrolling past several paragraphs ... > of quoted text for a 3-word smart crack at the bottom (which a couple of ... Donna B is a good sig line person, because hers are humorous and change ... something pertinent to the specific posting. ...
    (rec.arts.tv.soaps.cbs)
  • Re: Hey Chris L
    ... The email address on this posting is a "black hole". ... spam. ... |>> thing still puts your sig on the bottom. ...
    (microsoft.public.frontpage.client)
  • Re: Epson R1800 and generic ink and Paper
    ... completely fallacious reasoning since the posting had only an original ... quote in it above and a new bottom posting that happened to be placed ... below the sig. ...
    (comp.periphs.printers)
  • Re: Epson R1800 and generic ink and Paper
    ... Oh, a couple more comments, since you made the point of these postings becoming archived information for people to search at later dates. ... I have yet to have one person email me and indicate they had any difficulty understanding the context of the message, or that the top posting caused them undue hardship. ... I read all sorts of messages, both top and bottom posted, and although I have a preference, which I use, I am flexible enough to read both, and usually I understand the references. ... sig line positioning, however, your dig regarding top posting is completely fallacious reasoning since the posting had only an original quote in it above and a new bottom posting that happened to be placed below the sig. ...
    (comp.periphs.printers)