Re: Block/stream ciphers which ARE a group

From: Peter Fairbrother (zenadsl6186_at_zen.co.uk)
Date: 11/21/04

Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 16:54:24 +0000

Peter Fairbrother wrote:

> The vigenere-type keys (the strings) are not kept secret here, all that is
> secret is the combination of them which is used. The period comes more from
> the combination too, rather than from the length of the individual
> vigenere-type keys - the strings don't actually have to be anywhere near
> that long.

Actually the strings can in practice be 2,3,5,7,11,13,17 etc bits long.
Assuming that at least 20 bits are set, we would have a minimum of 10^26
bits of stream. Should be plenty.

--
Peter Fairbrother

Relevant Pages

  • Re: The secret of picking
    ... picking and such. ... The real secret is to allow your wrist to do the ... getting a unified tone and technique over any of the strings. ...
    (rec.music.makers.guitar.jazz)
  • Re: programming concepts > specific languages
    ... Strings are immutable. ... 'secret new', then go ahead", but if you later on use this as an argument ... The case I was trying to make is that Java always passes by value. ... the original claim is accurate though. ...
    (comp.programming)
  • Re: The secret of picking
    ... picking and such. ... The real secret is to allow your wrist to do the ... getting a unified tone and technique over any of the strings. ...
    (rec.music.makers.guitar.jazz)
  • Re: The secret of picking
    ... The real secret is to allow your wrist to do the ... getting a unified tone and technique over any of the strings. ... My hunch is that the secret of picking is to: ... Many practice against the grain six or more hours day. ...