Re: Key Evolving Encryption

From: David Wagner (daw_at_taverner.cs.berkeley.edu)
Date: 10/30/04

    Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 06:10:40 +0000 (UTC)

    Aldar Chan wrote:
    >I am working on extending the
    >scheme to infinite N in a more efficient way (don't know if it's possible,
    >say multiple trees).

    That shouldn't be too hard. Generate an imbalanced binary tree
    that is "bushy to the right" recursively as follows: Create a root.
    Let the left child of the root be a complete binary tree of size 2^n.
    Let the right child of the root be a copy of the same "bushy to the
    right" tree.

    Another way to explain it: Create a root, a right child, a right
    child of that, etc., on to infinity going down the right spine of
    the tree. Now hang a complete binary tree of size 2^n off to the
    left of (as the left child of) each node on the right spine.

    There are other constructions, but this should give you an example
    of how to construct such an infinite tree.

    • Re: An uncountable countable set
      ... We consider only infinite paths without ends in a tree without leafs. ... The number of child notes IS double the number of their parent nodes, ... node is parent node descending by branches to exactly two child nodes, ...
      (sci.math)
    • Re: Walk DOM Tree in Reverse?
      ... I think of .lastChild as a rightmost child ... algorithm will traverse all nodes (sadly not necessarily visiting each ... node is the root of a tree containing all the nodes. ...
      (comp.lang.javascript)
    • Re: Cantor Confusion
      ... You can assign numbers to edges that terminate at nodes. ... In the final tree what edge starts at 1/2? ... far away from the root. ... infinite tree, because that contains edges that are *not* finitely far ...
      (sci.math)
    • Re: strange mouse behaviour on dialog called frm a tree
      ... > functions to add/ delete/ rename nodes of the tree. ... > Everything worked fine when I call this dialog on rightclicking the ... > root or its child.Problem comes up on rightclick of a node on the third ... > input the name on right click of the child of the child of the root, ...
      (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)