Re: That was my point exactly

From: Gustavo L. Fabro (gustavo_fabro%removethis%_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 10/07/04

    Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 18:45:30 -0700

    Hi Paul,

    > A OTP-type cipher **must** use a random key in order to be secure. There
    > was a lot of talk of cats and dogs in posts so, even though a number of
    > people pointed this out in their posts, I was concerned that Gustavo may
    > have held and continued to hold the opinion that any key was acceptable
    > even if it was non-random.

    Not really! As stated by me on another post after the original:

    >Too bad this isn't really practical, but, yes, could be used on
    >some cases; e.g. a double sided DVD with 9.4GB of random data could

         ^^^^^^^^^^^^

    Maybe only forgot to emphasize on the *true* randomness of the key
    and not reusing it... But that was implicit (at least for me). But I got
    the picture! ;-) Thanx!

    And just to reassure what was previously said by Bill and Giorgio, there are
    real random number hardware generators, sci.crypt.random-numbers being
    a good place to seek for that kind of info.

    • Re: Christian moms learn how to raise their kids in the Jewish faith
      ... It was his dancing that let to the 150 posts. ... Don't blame the messenger. ... I'm just talking about cats and dogs" but as you say that's bull. ...
      (soc.culture.jewish.moderated)
    • Re: ping Cassandra PING Kali: Re: digest, volume 2454344
      ... You know Frank you might be able to follow an outline, ... great dane or had a great dane. ... dogs to ad companies for advertising. ... to your last group of posts he likes to watch, ...
      (sci.psychology.psychotherapy)
    • Re: ping Cassandra PING Kali: Re: digest, volume 2454344
      ... great dane or had a great dane. ... dogs so she can make an 'at home movie' of herself with the dog. ... I pass her along to a harle breeder in so. ... to your last group of posts he likes to watch, ...
      (sci.psychology.psychotherapy)
    • Re: ping Cassandra PING Kali: Re: digest, volume 2454344
      ... dogs so she can make an 'at home movie' of herself with the dog. ... to your last group of posts he likes to watch, ... talk to Chris about his problems like I did him. ... the two of them are co-dependents as are most of his friends. ...
      (sci.psychology.psychotherapy)
    • Re: ping Cassandra PING Kali: Re: digest, volume 2454344
      ... dogs so she can make an 'at home movie' of herself with the dog. ... Why are you blaming Cameron for this event? ... to your last group of posts he likes to watch, ... to talk to Chris about his problems like I did him. ...
      (sci.psychology.psychotherapy)