Re: Against sofware piracy! EXECryptor 2.034 update

From: John Savard (jsavard_at_excxn.aNOSPAMb.cdn.invalid)
Date: 09/10/04

    Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 16:13:01 GMT

    On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 09:21:52 -0500, Jeff Williams <frostback@canada.com>
    wrote, in part:

    >My reading agrees with yours - doesn't provide copy protection, just
    >protection against reverse engineering.

    Yes, but protection against reverse engineering is precisely what is
    needed to ensure that any copy protection scheme can't be trivially
    bypassed. I can't criticize the announcement for omitting a statement of
    what should be obvious.

    John Savard

    • Re: Best way to protect my new commercial software.
      ... The *only* way to prevent people from reverse engineering your ... as long as your licensing terms are legal). ... product rather than chasing a quixotic dream of protection. ... Customers prefer not to be treated as criminals. ...
      (comp.lang.python)
    • Re: Strong Name assembly question
      ... that its license might prohibit reverse engineering and decompilation. ... Also, unless one performs a thorough code review, recompiling the component ... > protection you should make sure you get the source. ...
      (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework)
    • Re: Protecting VB.NET application...
      ... Besides licensing protection, you may also consider ... protection against reverse engineering, so people can not ... decompile your executables. ... These are the main reasons why I think native code is ...
      (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb)
    • Re: Protecting VB.NET application...
      ... > protection against reverse engineering, ... > decompile your executables. ... > These are the main reasons why I think native code is ...
      (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb)
    • Re: Decompile .NET
      ... "obfuscator", you should find a bunch of options like these: ... protection from reverse engineering (i.e. it's still possible to crack ...