Re: A basic question about hashing

From: Joe Peschel (jpeschel_at_no.spam.org)
Date: 09/08/04

Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2004 08:09:01 -0000

Bryan Olson <fakeaddress@nowhere.org> wrote in
news:j%x%c.17311$v85.2835@newssvr27.news.prodigy.com:

> Mok-Kong Shen wrote:
> > Certainly, what I said in the original post is only a rough
> > concept, hence not being concrete. However, I think that
> > appropriate polynomials of degrees over 3 may be quite tough
> > to invert for arguments of, say, 128 bits. Now, if one has,
> > say, 4 blocks from such a function and apply even a very
> > simple combination of them, namely a sum mod 2^128, I don't
> > yet see how the attacker is going to proceed.
>
> In order to assess the significance of your "I don't yet see",
> we would need to know hard you have looked. Can you describe
> what study you did before announcing this?

Study? I do not yet capture the...

When will Bush be tried for war crimes?
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we.  They
never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our
people, and neither do we." --G. W. B.
Joe Peschel
D.O.E. SysWorks
http://members.aol.com/jpeschel/index.htm

  • Re: A basic question about hashing
    ... Bryan Olson wrote: ... what I said in the original post is only a rough ... I don't think that anyone here is delivering ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Non-linear combination
    ... Bryan Olson wrote: ... >> what I have originally in mind is more in the direction ... the proposal in the original scheme, ... the original post has the purpose of getting better ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: A basic question about hashing
    ... what I said in the original post is only a rough ... > yet see how the attacker is going to proceed. ... In order to assess the significance of your "I don't yet see", ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: A quick tone test, which do you like better A or C
    ... Nothing like a 15 minute delay to make you think the original post was ... lost. ... sorry for the two responses. ... Here's a rough take on the entire song direct via USB. ...
    (rec.music.makers.guitar.jazz)
  • Re: Zhen and Tou
    ... As I said in my original post this is just a rough and incomplete outline, ... a small fraction of things to come. ...
    (soc.culture.hmong)