Re: A basic question about hashing

From: Bryan Olson (fakeaddress_at_nowhere.org)
Date: 09/08/04

Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2004 06:53:03 GMT

Mok-Kong Shen wrote:
> Certainly, what I said in the original post is only a rough
> concept, hence not being concrete. However, I think that
> appropriate polynomials of degrees over 3 may be quite tough
> to invert for arguments of, say, 128 bits. Now, if one has,
> say, 4 blocks from such a function and apply even a very
> simple combination of them, namely a sum mod 2^128, I don't
> yet see how the attacker is going to proceed.

In order to assess the significance of your "I don't yet see",
we would need to know hard you have looked. Can you describe
what study you did before announcing this?

--
--Bryan

Relevant Pages

  • Re: A basic question about hashing
    ... Bryan Olson wrote: ... what I said in the original post is only a rough ... I don't think that anyone here is delivering ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: A basic question about hashing
    ... Bryan Olson wrote in ... what I said in the original post is only a rough ... never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: A quick tone test, which do you like better A or C
    ... Nothing like a 15 minute delay to make you think the original post was ... lost. ... sorry for the two responses. ... Here's a rough take on the entire song direct via USB. ...
    (rec.music.makers.guitar.jazz)
  • Re: Zhen and Tou
    ... As I said in my original post this is just a rough and incomplete outline, ... a small fraction of things to come. ...
    (soc.culture.hmong)
  • Re: Defeating HyperThreading attacks
    ... >To collect enough information you need to see several encryptions. ... Are you assuming that the attacker doesn't know that you are changing ... No worries! ... (It just took me some time to read through your entire original post.) ...
    (sci.crypt)