Re: bootstrapping a secure channel

From: Tom St Denis (tomstdenis_at_iahu.ca)
Date: 08/09/04

Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2004 16:06:21 GMT

Allen Pulsifer wrote:

> Tom St Denis wrote:
>> I think the amount of research you have done is just plain insufficient
>> that or you're not describing what you want better.
>
> Hello Tom,
>
> Its obvious have not read the paper.

Well ok how about you explain what you are solving before I invest time in
reading your paper? How about that courtesy?

Also you said "37 bits" is sufficient for *your* problem. So suppose the
main attraction of your scheme is that in your limited problem 37 bits of
MAC [which is really small] is "enough". For the rest of us folk who would
want a bit more security does your scheme lose it's [if any] benefits?

I'd still like to know what problem you are trying to solve.
"bootstrapping" usually means "to do by ones self". Like when GCC does a
stage2 build that's "bootstrapping".

Tom

Relevant Pages

  • Re: bootstrapping a secure channel
    ... Hello Tom, ... > main attraction of your scheme is that in your limited problem 37 bits of ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Trading outside the EU to profit from the VAT system
    ... >brain returned to thinking about my old " VAT avoidance trading ... >scheme" and how I could not get it to ... >So before participation in the scheme Tom has the following set of ... >participated in my "hypothetical scheme" with me being Dick. ...
    (uk.legal)
  • Re: Trading outside the EU to profit from the VAT system
    ... last night my obsessive brain returned to thinking about my old " VAT avoidance trading scheme" and how I could not get it to ... So before participation in the scheme Tom has the following set of ... Dick then helps Tom to sell those goods to Harry (located outside ... So now (after participation in the scheme) the VAT man would be ...
    (uk.legal)
  • Re: Do you partition your HD?
    ... What benefits do you think this scheme will provide? ... The second copy of Mac OS X is wasted space; ... The biggest problem with multiple partitions is that it's impossible to ... Tom "Tom" Harrington ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: Article about comparing the Google and Yahoo! search indices
    ... > On 2005-08-16, Tom Harrington ... my random Google search page makes Googlewhacking easy. ... another scheme that has Ocomplexity instead of O. ... Tom "Tom" Harrington ...
    (rec.humor.oracle.d)