Re: Call for stego ideas

From: Mok-Kong Shen (mok-kong.shen_at_t-online.de)
Date: 07/27/04

Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 20:53:28 +0200

I think that, provided one is content with rather low
stego bit rates, textual steganography could indeed be
done in a fairly simple and trivial manner. Let there
be given an ordered list of n words. Then the occurrence
or not of a word from the list represents 1 bit, i.e.
one can express n stego bits in a document. Such a list
can be especially easy to memorize, I believe, if it
consists of frequently employed nouns, e.g. names of
persons, names of cities and countries, days of the
week, etc., but plenty of words of other grammatical
categories could apparently be similarly eligible.
Certain words could even be used to denote 2 bits, if
one distinguishes 0, 1, 2 and 3 (or more) occurrences
of them.

M. K. Shen
http://home.t-online.de/home/mok-kong.shen