Re: Revocation of a Ph.D

From: Tom St Denis (tom_at_securescience.net)
Date: 07/15/04

Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 20:26:02 GMT

Matthijs Hebly wrote:

> Matthew Skala wrote:
>> In article <5PVIc.133334$3N6.89162@amsnews05.chello.com>,
>> Matthijs Hebly <heeb@iname.com> wrote:
>>>everyone be against you? We all want the same: knowing about ways to
>>>factor huge numbers quickly. Nobody, I repeat, *nobody*, would want to
>>>hide this, if a way would exist.
>> Well... assuming I'm a basically sneaky person or agency, the ideal
>> situation would be if I could do large-number factoring and I could be
>> sure
>> nobody else could do it. Then I could read everyone's messages with
>> impunity.
> Immediately after posting, I realized this, of course. Some criminal,
> _or_ some intelligence agency, would not disclose knowledge of the
> ability to factor huge composites. But I guess everybody else here
> would. At least I would if I could, and I sure hope anybody else would.
> I can *not* think of any reason why a true mathematician would hide this
> knowledge. So James' postings are really truly paranoic, IMHO.

Step 1. Factor RSA challenges.
Step 2. Get rich.
Step 3. Publish your method.
Step 4. Profit!

Tom

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Revocation of a Ph.D
    ... assuming I'm a basically sneaky person or agency, ... >> nobody else could do it. ... > Immediately after posting, I realized this, of course. ...
    (sci.math)
  • Re: nobody told me I couldnt...
    ... Subjects should provide a short abstract of the content of the posting, ... > Nobody said you can't do stuff inside a span element, ... > function gocyan() { ... with automatic semicolon insertion by the script engine. ...
    (comp.lang.javascript)
  • Re: A Pasta Stretch
    ... spending time with even older family members listening to their ... people but nobody ever seemed to be sick... ... President, or that we are to stand by the President ... If you don't know how to ignore a posting, ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)
  • Re: Solving the Energy problem.
    ... Haven't I been the one posting "solving the oil/energy..." ... NOBODY I speak to will substantively ... I hate that zero-thought stupidity. ... FREE historic Western Martial Arts manuals: ...
    (rec.martial-arts)
  • Re: Practical Ideas
    ... Could you girls *PLEASE* stop posting your crap on an actual HELPFUL ... nobody except me and I'm a mold maker - crazy by ... I'm going to fill a 19" OD toroidal shape with a .065 wall and machine it ...
    (alt.machines.cnc)