Call for stego ideas

From: Mok-Kong Shen (mok-kong.shen_at_t-online.de)
Date: 07/10/04

Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 19:05:15 +0200

Since stego is comparatively seldom discussed in the group
than crypto in the narrow sense, I like to request readers
to contribute their novel ideas for discussion. I would say
that such ideas are not required initially to satisfy 'any'
concrete criteria of practical feasibility/efficiency etc.
If only they have the potential of somehow directly or even
indirectly supplying inspiration to the eventual development
(maybe at some later timepoint, as a result of discussion
here in the group) of something that would be practically
feasible/efficient etc., then they would be just fine,
wouldn't they?

A category of stego that I think could be of particular
interest would be those techniques that are independent of
any software written specifically for stego purposes, i.e.
employing only the commonly available scientific/commercial
software, e.g. the (in a sense) 'standard' graphic,
text-processing or math software. For there are obviously
situations of application of stego where the possession of
stego/crypto software could be a non-trivial risk for the
persons involved.

Thanks in advance.

M. K. Shen