Re: Security for embedded device

From: Joris Dobbelsteen (none.of_at_your.business)
Date: 07/01/04

Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 13:32:55 +0200

"Guy Macon" <http://www.guymacon.com> wrote in message
news:10e6k2l9v8vj55d@corp.supernews.com...
> The same argument applies to the sensor: When the code can be obtained
> from the sensor, it is already paid for. So why bother protecting the
> ROM?

It becomes possible to create your own chip with too less effort...

- Joris

Relevant Pages

  • Re: very low pressure
    ... Guy Macon wrote: ... It is a sensor with the shape of a toy. ... reveal what you are trying to accomplish (which is of course ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: TZ - Not Switch 26 again :(
    ... Obviously your connectors aren't doing a good job. ... LTG:) ... The way to fix it is to move the sensor back a ... It isn't a chip or board problem, ...
    (rec.games.pinball)
  • Re: New Sonar Range Sensor
    ... I actually wanted the sensor to directly interface to a PC without any ... the inverter chip. ... You guys have been very kind to me and this product offering. ...
    (comp.robotics.misc)
  • Re: Increasing Sensitivity of CMOS Image Sensor.
    ... > increase the sensitivity of an image sensor by: ... Obtaining a direct ANALOGUE signal from the sensor to allow me to ... components increases the thermal noise inside the chip. ... industrial cameras based on the same chassis. ...
    (sci.electronics.components)
  • Re: Canon 1Ds Mk III Sensor?
    ... The process of chip stitching was used in the Minolta RD3000, two 1.5 megapixel CCDs joined to form a 2.9 megapixel combo. ... It's a commercially viable sensor design. ... They must have been very precisely matched and have a good calibration routine in the camera. ...
    (rec.photo.digital.slr-systems)