Re: question about key generators

From: Haldir (Haldir_at_phreaker.net)
Date: 10/08/03

Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 10:08:17 +0200

> Code can be masked though. For example it is common to insert random
> code around the real code in a program so a hacker takes a long time to
find
> it. I appreciate this can be overcome over time, is this what you mean?

Take long time is relative,you usually have some Error Message and/or
File/Registry access calls, you can certainly obfuscate the routine, but
that won't delay it forever.
Key generators are not the only solution, patching the whole routine might
be possible too.
As for references, i guess you should read both sides of the story, search
for papers from companies who write copy protections and the appropriate
countermeasures from crackers. There is too much useless stuff writte about
this topic. Can't help you more...