Re: question about key generators

From: Haldir (Haldir_at_phreaker.net)
Date: 10/08/03

Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 10:08:17 +0200

> Code can be masked though. For example it is common to insert random
> code around the real code in a program so a hacker takes a long time to
find
> it. I appreciate this can be overcome over time, is this what you mean?

Take long time is relative,you usually have some Error Message and/or
File/Registry access calls, you can certainly obfuscate the routine, but
that won't delay it forever.
Key generators are not the only solution, patching the whole routine might
be possible too.
As for references, i guess you should read both sides of the story, search
for papers from companies who write copy protections and the appropriate
countermeasures from crackers. There is too much useless stuff writte about
this topic. Can't help you more...

Relevant Pages

  • Re: How to decide using COMMON block variables or function/subroutine parameters?
    ... In compressor design there are several variables that ARE common to just ... about every calculation - inlet gas properties, shaft speed, desired ... I'd tend to pass variables through 'globals' rather than as ... anything that the routine is going to change, ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: Fortran Standard question: COMMON, SAVE and EQUIVALENCE
    ... it didn't dawn on me until later there is one thing I don't follow in the Silverfrost warnings -- perhaps that was your point of confusion as well and I misinterpreted the question raised. ... The size of the extended blank common is given as "size 40 but is now ... Then one could write a routine that would the dump the ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: Can this be automated in the VBE?
    ... My first impression was that it was a routine to create a table. ... considered suggesting that you find and tally the most common uses (common ... OpenDB strDB, True ... indexes on the SQLite table, ...
  • Re: Looking for 7-parm least squares code
    ... "glen herrmannsfeldt" wrote in message ... COMMON Q ... THEN THIS ROUTINE IS CALLED k TIMES TO PASS THE kth VALUES ... C (XN IS THE INPUT VARIABLE AVERAGE; ITS WEIGHT IS W) ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: how to crash an app
    ... Crackers will look for common used jump points, ... If every routine uses a different approach it will ... The crc numbers should be created from different ...
    (borland.public.delphi.language.basm)