Re: Stream Cipher Like SEAL Wanted ....

From: Mrsjunecarey (mrsjunecarey_at_aol.com)
Date: 06/18/03

Date: 18 Jun 2003 12:16:19 GMT

>We can't practically do this of course, but then i don't think the OTP
>is particularly practical either due the huge amount of key required.
>
>Yours,
>
>Simon.

With the availability of writable mass-storage (CD, DVD etc), OTP is practical.

But to do this means having to meet in person or use tamper-proof
packaging/post.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Stream Cipher Like SEAL Wanted ....
    ... In article, Mrsjunecarey wrote: ... >>is particularly practical either due the huge amount of key required. ... > With the availability of writable mass-storage, OTP is practical. ... PRNG on the backend? ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Encryption algo
    ... >> theoretically secure encryption, which no amount of computation ... because the ciphertext simply doesn't imply the ... By 'OTP' I mean an ideal OTP. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Stream Cipher Like SEAL Wanted ....
    ... mathematically difficult problem (If memory serves ECC is Discrete Log Problem) ... But the OTP provably provides guaranteed secrecy. ... >secure from all prying eyes is not going to be easy. ... By using tamper-proof chip storage as you suggested above. ...
    (sci.crypt)