Re: when the rain begins to fall

From: Benjamin Goldberg (goldbb2_at_earthlink.net)
Date: 04/30/03

Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 22:14:45 -0400

Rex Stewart wrote:
> > "terminal" wrote:
> > Chorus:
> > And wheN The rain begins to fall
>
> While the poem / song itself is off topic, it did give
> me an idea for a random number generator :-)

Measure intervals between raindrops, and run them through an entropy
extractor (similar to what one would do with geiger counter click
intervals)?

Sadly, the problem with this idea is that it doesn't produce any bits on
a sunny day. However, since you should be outdoors having fun, instead
of sitting in front of a computer, on such days, that might not be such
a problem :)

--
$a=24;split//,240513;s/\B/ => /for@@=qw(ac ab bc ba cb ca
);{push(@b,$a),($a-=6)^=1 for 2..$a/6x--$|;print "$@[$a%6

Relevant Pages

  • Re: From Rediff: The Top Ten Rain Songs
    ... rain, rain songs have been an integral feature of Indian film music. ... solitude -- the monsoon says it all. ... director Raj Kapoor positioned the monsoons as a natural ... Lata-Manna Dey song captured the Cupid-like role played by monsoon. ...
    (rec.music.indian.misc)
  • Re: Acquainted with the night
    ... I've never been impressed by that poem alone. ... It is the /rest/ of Frost that gives these symbols their power, ... I have walked out in rain--and back in rain." ... to close of night before saying 'I' the next 'i' sound. ...
    (rec.arts.poems)
  • Re: Acquainted with the night
    ... I've never been impressed by that poem alone. ... It is the /rest/ of Frost that gives these symbols their power, not this poem. ... I have walked out in rain--and back in rain." ... The Abyss does not scar, so there are none to show. ...
    (rec.arts.poems)
  • Re: Acquainted with the night
    ... I've never been impressed by that poem alone. ... I have walked out in rain--and back in rain." ... Again the ending 'i' sound causes a stop before the next line which starts ...
    (rec.arts.poems)