Re: Sha-1 command line utility

From: kurt wismer (kurtw@sympatico.ca)
Date: 04/18/03

From: kurt wismer <kurtw@sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 11:16:26 -0400

Kev wrote:
> Does anyone know where I can find a Sha-1 command line utility (for
> Dos/Windows) that will allow the input to be specified on the command
> line itself, e.g.
>
> sha1 "This is the text I want hashed"
>
> The Sha-1 utilities I've found so far either require an input file, or
> prompt for the text. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

for those that prompt for text, have you tried:

echo "This is the text I want hashed" | sha1

or were the prompts windows based?

for those that require input files, is a batchfile of the form:

echo %1 > tmp.txt
sha1 tmp.txt

not acceptable?

--
"when surveys of all the world's countries are done,
  canada frequently rates number one.