Re: Cryptonomicon and OTP breaking

From: contact (contact@)
Date: 04/12/03

    From: "contact" <contact@<nospam>eversealsolutions.com>
    Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2003 11:55:13 -0700

    No you didn't. But what 'systematic failure of randomness' means, appears
    to be in the eye of the poster. I hear the sound of hairs being split.

    Contact

    "Douglas A. Gwyn" <DAGwyn@null.net> wrote in message
    > >>Errrrr, YES.
    > >>Reusing entire pages of key is certainly a systematic
    > >>failure of randomness.
    > > Oh, come on, not in the way you described.
    > > They are still random, it's just that now they are known values.
    >
    > ?
    >
    > > That's not an example of cracking an OTP by figuring out the sequence of
    the
    > > RNG file.
    >
    > I never said anything about "figuring out the sequence of
    > the RNG file"!

    • =?iso-8859-1?q?Re:_Kolmorgorov_Complexity_and_Kim_=D8yhus?=
      ... >>Sure a protein string could be generated from by organic Turing machine ... >>For example, a proteins sequence, like a lactase sequence, could indeed ... > proper compression. ... >>The notion of randomness is dependent upon chaos. ...
      (talk.origins)
    • Re: Chaos vs. Randomness
      ... deterministic system, its initial conditions, and the subsequent ... system given the same sequence of inputs starting at the same position ... All kinds of things "suggest" randomness. ... Chaitin's "Omega" is at maximum algorithmic randomness - by ...
      (talk.origins)
    • Re: Random numbers something insatiable ?
      ... A sequence of machine codes is executed - the same way any other formula is ... the big question to start with is - which and what is the "true" rand ... Anyway, randomness is a property which is an implicit property of, e.g., ... This behavior is called correlation, ...
      (comp.lang.cpp)
    • Re: Good enough for crypto?
      ... to a few other hardware randomness generators that are ... > assess the quality of any sequence of bits. ... This type of analysis can only succeed if the generator ... > The autocorrelation function of a non-deterministic sequence will ...
      (sci.crypt)
    • Re: The first great falacy of Chaitins Theory
      ... complexity of a sequence supports Chaitin's result ... "An infinite sequence is random when there is not ... decimal expansion of certain irrationals is normal. ...
      (sci.math)