Re: ATTN TOMSTDENIS Re: "New Microsoft Patch" == virus

From: John E. Hadstate (nospam@null.nil)
Date: 04/10/03

    From: "John E. Hadstate" <nospam@null.nil>
    Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 17:36:29 -0400

    As Microsoft says over and over, "We don't spam the world with our patches."
    If you get unsolicited email that purports to be a patch from Microsoft,
    delete it. It's 100% guaranteed to have a virus attached. Don't believe
    it? Check the headers.

    One famous one that's currently floating around purports to be from
    "Microsoft Corporation Network Security Center". Here's what the headers

    Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 18:53:04 +0000 (GMT)