Re: authenticated anonymous communication question

From: Jason (NOSPAMperlmodules@lunkwill.org)
Date: 02/26/03

From: NOSPAMperlmodules@lunkwill.org (Jason)
Date: 25 Feb 2003 16:26:52 -0800

Paul Rubin <http://phr.cx@NOSPAM.invalid> wrote in message 7x7kbpw91q.fsf@ruckus.brouhaha.com">news:<7x7kbpw91q.fsf@ruckus.brouhaha.com>...
> Or maybe anonymous isn't the right word. I'm wondering if there's a
> standard protocol that lets Alice and Bob have a secure, authenticated
> conversation, that's anonymous in the sense that an eavesdropper or
> MITM can't tell that the conversation is between Alice and Bob (i.e.
> the attacker can't see the identity credentials). Alice and Bob are
[...]

Oblivious Signature-Based Envelopes could do this sort of thing if they each
know a group that the other belongs to (and which the attacker doesn't):

http://crypto.stanford.edu/~ninghui/abstracts/osbe.html

They can do a lot more, too, which we're still writing up.

               -J

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Simple authenticated channel
    ... protocols (in this case, I assume Bob uses a DH keypair), followed by ... It is assumed Alice already has an authetic copy of Bob's public key. ... The attacker therefore does not hold k, ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Simple authenticated channel
    ... Alice and Bob, where alice already has some key that belongs to bob. ... MAC algorithm used. ... If we assume those are secure, the attacker should not ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Is this a hoax or real?
    ... Coan's free Hidden File Detector software. ... Alice is the bad guy. ... location of a file that Bob, the good guy, can get to. ... Alice has her own Web server. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Is this a hoax or real?
    ... Alice is the bad guy. ... location of a file that Bob, the good guy, can get to. ... Alice has her own Web server. ... Alice can pilfer more than a file. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Does Microsoft listen or care?
    ... Alice is the bad guy. ... location of a file that Bob, the good guy, can get to. ... Alice has her own Web server. ... Alice can pilfer more than a file. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)