Re: User installing software

Unfortunately some software can always be installed by users, because it
doesnt require admin rights, i believe firefox is such a "problem" case.

i'm affraight that preventing this might be tricky, however in my
company, we use 'Lansweeper inventory software'
( to monitor the installation of software by
our users. in that way we can react pretty fast when they come up with
some nasty stuff :)

eric inazaki;5038637 Wrote:

Is there a way to audit software installs?

tekstone's Profile:
View this thread:

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Uniquely identify my computer
    ... thanks for helping. ... > What would current thinking then be about preventing a user from creating ... At least this will assure that you can't install the program from a copied ... the installation script and the software installed, ...
  • Re: Microsoft.NET framework v1.0.3705 update preventing standby mode
    ... the installed antivirus is preventing the update from finalizing the installation of the update. ...
  • Re: PES service missing
    ... I doubt WSUS is preventing the installation of the service. ... recall the PES setup is .exe not an .msi, you may check to see if it ...
  • Re: Windows XP Service Pack 3 Setup Error ntoskrnl.exe is open or in u
    ... contact MS for free support with installation issues with SP3: ... Antivirus|security suite or anti-malware software may be guarding ntoskrnl and preventing it from being replaced. ... Steps to take before you install Windows XP Service Pack 3 ...
  • Service Pack 1
    ... I have downloaded SP1 four times now and, ... installation completes, my ADSL Sagem Fast 800 stops ... thus preventing me from accessing the web. ...