Re: User installing software

Unfortunately some software can always be installed by users, because it
doesnt require admin rights, i believe firefox is such a "problem" case.

i'm affraight that preventing this might be tricky, however in my
company, we use 'Lansweeper inventory software'
(http://www.lansweeper.com) to monitor the installation of software by
our users. in that way we can react pretty fast when they come up with
some nasty stuff :)

eric inazaki;5038637 Wrote:

Is there a way to audit software installs?

--
tekstone
tekstone's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/265911.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

  • Re: Uniquely identify my computer
    ... thanks for helping. ... > What would current thinking then be about preventing a user from creating ... At least this will assure that you can't install the program from a copied ... the installation script and the software installed, ...
    (microsoft.public.vb.winapi)
  • Re: Microsoft.NET framework v1.0.3705 update preventing standby mode
    ... the installed antivirus is preventing the update from finalizing the installation of the update. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: PES service missing
    ... I doubt WSUS is preventing the installation of the service. ... recall the PES setup is .exe not an .msi, you may check to see if it ...
  • Re: Windows XP Service Pack 3 Setup Error ntoskrnl.exe is open or in u
    ... contact MS for free support with installation issues with SP3: ... Antivirus|security suite or anti-malware software may be guarding ntoskrnl and preventing it from being replaced. ... Steps to take before you install Windows XP Service Pack 3 ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: help with Cisco VPN certificate
    ... to my point of view the error is stating that the previous installation ... has still left something on ur machine which is preventing the new ... package to install. ... Certification Authorities. ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)