Re: Worm for Testing Purposes?
- From: "dubya" <dubya54@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 17:28:23 -0400
"FromTheRafters" <erratic @nomail.afraid.org> wrote in message
"dubya" <dubya54@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in messageSorry for the lack of clarity. Test the network. A mix of virtual machines
Does anyone know of a non-destructive, safe worm - one that doesn't do
anything but propagate and is easy to remove - that I can use for testing
in small networks?
There's no such thing, but there are things that come close.
You probably need to find another way of accomplishing what you want, but
'what you want' isn't exactly clear in your post
Are you intending to study the worm, or are you trying to test a network?
and hosts with various firewalls or lack thereof. I just want to see what
it gets through and what it doesn't. Nothing will be connected to any
public networks, so no risk to public bandwidth.
- Prev by Date: Re: Admin setting?
- Next by Date: Re: Worm for Testing Purposes?
- Previous by thread: Re: Admin setting?
- Next by thread: Re: Worm for Testing Purposes?