Re: Worm for Testing Purposes?

"FromTheRafters" <erratic @nomail.afraid.org> wrote in message
news:%23UGryR7RLHA.5388@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"dubya" <dubya54@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:Ovu9D1yRLHA.5732@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello\,

Does anyone know of a non-destructive, safe worm - one that doesn't do
anything but propagate and is easy to remove - that I can use for testing
in small networks?

There's no such thing, but there are things that come close.

You probably need to find another way of accomplishing what you want, but
'what you want' isn't exactly clear in your post

Are you intending to study the worm, or are you trying to test a network?
Sorry for the lack of clarity. Test the network. A mix of virtual machines
and hosts with various firewalls or lack thereof. I just want to see what
it gets through and what it doesn't. Nothing will be connected to any
public networks, so no risk to public bandwidth.

Thanks,
Mike

  • Re: Worm for Testing Purposes?
    ... a security website, but quite a bit of searching before I posted here turned ... Does anyone know of a non-destructive, safe worm - one that doesn't do ... in small networks? ...
  • Re: best software firewall?
    ... Normally I recommend using the built in Windows firewall but when connecting to public networks you may want something that will pop up more warnings. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: SQLCluster - Multile Instance
    ... DB-private path) a recommended solution and implemented commonly? ... Private networks carry ONLY ... Public networks carry everything else. ... > I support the Professional Association for SQL Server ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.clustering)
  • Re: Erratic System.NullReferenceException
    ... with remoting over various private networks with public networks or ... non standard networking can sometimes be gotten around with this. ... >Does the direct cable and no DNS server or windows domain has something to ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.remoting)
  • Worm for Testing Purposes?
    ... Does anyone know of a non-destructive, safe worm - one that doesn't do ... anything but propagate and is easy to remove - that I can use for testing in ... small networks? ... Mike ...