Re: load a program that is loaded for all users just for a single user

The best and most reliable way to accomplish your goal is to contact your unnamed program's technical support.

The least reliable and potentially most harmful way is to guess at how the program is coded and then edit the registry on your own.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Urizen wrote:
Hello!

I installed a program in Windows XP that is running for all users as it didn't ask me if I would like to run it for all users or just for me. The program is loaded at the Start Up of Windows XP but it isn't placed in the Startup folder. It is loaded for all users because its the way it was configured in Windows Registry.

How can I change it so that only my account can benefit from its loading? The other users should not access to it.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you very much for all the attention given.

Best regards,
Rui Nunes

  • Re: msaccess.exe stuck in task manager after closing access2003
    ... contact Microsoft Technical Support. ... Windows XP-Pro SP2 ... Credential Manager & Fingerprint Software v2.50 Rev.H ... it intializes background processes over the network to the backend database. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Full System Backup
    ... I now have the backup utility. ... > support said I'd lost my windows and would have to use my recovery ... >>> Spoke to technical support who didnt know what I was talking ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)
  • Re: Roxio Support!!! Want a laugh
    ... > me for my Windows Operating System Product Key. ... > Thank you for contacting Roxio Technical Support. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Roxio Support!!! Want a laugh
    ... > me for my Windows Operating System Product Key. ... > Thank you for contacting Roxio Technical Support. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • RE: Defect in Security Update KB942615 for Internet Explorer 6
    ... The technical support representative in the ... Phillipines told me that they had the update was intended for Windows 2000 ... They are notifying Microsoft ... it constantly gives me the error message "Internet Explorer has ...