RE: Windows XP Firewall Problem

Hello!I know this is not the right way but I can Not find out-how do I remove
my firewall from my pc???
--
Hello!
I have only problem whit my windows firewall,and wont to get rid of it-how

"Irvin Libao" wrote:

Hello,

I've been using the Windows XP SP2 Firewall, but after I installed
eDonkey2000 it was turned off after I rebooted. Additionally, after the
eDonkey setup some spyware was installed and I removed them by using the
Microsoft AntiSpyware program and Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel.
After reboot, I double clicked the security center icon in the traybar to
open up the security center. I then clicked on recommendations and pressed a
button to enable firewall. I then received this error message:

"We're sorry. The Security Center could not turn on Windows Firewall. To
try turning on the firewall yourself, go to Windows Firewall in Control
Panel. In the Windows Firewall dialog General tab, select On (recommended),
and then click OK."

So I followed the recommendation and when I clicked Windows Firewall I
received this message:

"Windows Firewall settings cannot be displayed because the associated
service is not running. Do you want to start the Windows Firewall/Internet
Connectioin Sharing (ICS) service?"

I click yes. I get another message that states:

"Windows cannot start the Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS)
service."

I would like to enable the Windows Firewall. Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks

Irvin Libao

  • Help with security center and firewall
    ... I unistalled my Norton Internet Security and it seems that it took with ... Windows cannot display Windows firewall ... So I then go to the Windows Security Center in the Control Panel. ...
  • Re: Paranoia or something more sinister?
    ... I should add that you want to verify that your current firewall is correctly ... > make sure that auditing of logon events is enabled in Local Security ... >> reinstalls, upgraded Norton Security to 05, I'm operating Service Pack 2 ... Search & Destroy and a Windows Firewall. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: SERVICES - Manual Settings
    ... "The Windows Firewall and Security Center should be set to Automatic" ... I Have the Following Startup Type Settings on "Manual" but. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: My Windows Firewall Keeps Turning off!
    ... I turn it on again I get a Security box from McAfee security center ... Then I have to open "Windows Firewall settings" and turn it on again. ...
  • RE: Internet Explorer cannot display the web page
    ... "daviedoug" wrote: ... My wife's is connected via the Network. ... Firewall off and done the installation?. ... I don't know what you mean with windows Firewall, ...