Re: windows live onecare

msnews.microsoft.com wrote:

I agree with you about Live Onecare. it did suck.

That said - Windows now has Microsoft Security Essential at
http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/

which seems to be working for me.
It found 2 infections that Norton 360 did not.
So far, I like it.

"Warren" <Warren@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
have any of you ever used windows live onecare...a waste of $50.00. Now i
know why they are discontinuing it. it finds NOTHING and i have to run
antispyware and antimalware to keep my pc clean. please suggest the best
free protection for my machine since i won't be using this one anymore.

To clarify, the anti-virus engine used in MSE is different than the one that
was used in OneCare. That is, you aren't stuck with the same bad AV that
was in OneCare.

  • Re: Norton Internet Security 2005
    ... OneCare firewall), so I have installed my good old standby Tiny Personal ... But I have been amazed at how much faster everything is with Norton ... uninstalling I now have around 49. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Microsoft OneCare Beta
    ... There are other antivirus programs that are not so bloated. ... jtz wrote: ... norton on and will leave it that way; but i hate the long wait for my desktop to come up. ... 15 seconds with onecare. ...
  • Re: KB942615 -- still problem with this update
    ... Did you install OneCare before or after you installed IE7? ... Were any of them Norton or McAfee applications? ... hours trying to make it work, including the registry hack. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Unceremonious Plug: OneCare
    ... were just plain ineffective), she stumbled across OneCare. ... of infections, took appropriate action, ... restored several disabled thingies, and allowed her to restore the rest ... I have never used the product but the anecdotal evidence suggests that it is ...
    (alt.os.windows-xp)
  • Re: Microsoft OneCare Beta
    ... 15 seconds with onecare. ... over a minute with norton. ... "jtz" wrote: ... I just loaded the Microsoft OneCare Beta. ...