wordpad unable to open rtf file - security warning - win xp sp3 64 bit

windows xp sp3 64 bit os. current with MS updates. stand alone, not in
an AD domain.

trying to open a .rtf document that only has a print screen of a config
information screen capture ( ALT-prntscrn).

get pop up window -
Windows Security Warning

This document contains code that your security settings do not
allow, so it might not display correctly.

Should I open this document?

When I click on OK, I only get blank screen.

********** Questions - *************

What security settings? Where are they located?
Is this UAC ? or is this local security policy? or what?

How does one disable this ?

Thanks In Advance.

  • Re: Windows Defender Updates Failing
    ... 50198 declared some kind of an error and said it didn't complete correctly, so I haven't a clue if my security settings were reset. ... As far as any problems related to my security settings, I'm only running Win Defender and Spyware doctor, but I turned the latter off right before attempting to install the last Win Defender Update and the update failed again so Spyware Doctor doesn't seem to be the issue, unless it has some hidden firewall that I don't know about. ... How about trying to install Win Defender WU's with my Windows Firewall turned off. ... Then I tried some brute force and attempted to install Win Defender definitions from the Microsoft Malware Protection Center. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Services controlled by Group Policy
    ... This is the behavior of Windows XP. ... The security settings window contains ... |> need to open the GPO in MMC on the Windows XP machine. ... |> | Subject: Re: Services controlled by Group Policy ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.group_policy)
  • Re: Security Alert --> Cannot Download Anything
    ... I am running Windows XP, SP2, and I'm not running McCafee, just Norton, ... > Disable the McAfee ActiveX controls Applet filters in the Internet Filter ... > "Your current security settings prohibit running Active X controls on this ... >> Whenever I try to download any type of file, from any site, the prompt box ...
  • Re: Failure audits generated by MS firewall
    ... Windows XP and Server security settings. ... >> d) In the right pane, disable the failure audits. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: How to change of interval for secure identifier request!
    ... The situation is that the computers used to be standalone, ... when I worked with Windows ... > It is a Domain client policy within the Security settings area ...