Re: Passwords

I cannot get to any screen. I have a split Welcome and log on screen.
Using control alt delete twice I get the log on screen but can get no
further? Help.

"Bruce Chambers" wrote:

Elizabeth wrote:
The issue I am having is that my only computer admistrator forgot their
password. How do I find a way of logging on to that account?

Simply log in using the built-in Administrator account (which
cannot be deleted) and modify the desired account(s) and use Start > Run
> "control userpasswords2" to modify the desired account(s).

By design, the only way to log into the Administrator account of
WinXP Home is to reboot into Safe Mode. For WinXP Pro, pressing
CTRL+ALT+DEL twice at the Welcome Screen will produce the standard login
dialog box.

How to Log On to Windows XP If You Forget Your Password or Your
Password Expires
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q321305

Failing that, Linux-based password cracking utilities abound on the
Internet, freely available to anyone who can use Google.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

  • Re: windows xp log on password
    ... At the login screen click Ctrl + Alt + Del quickly twice. ... password for Administrator account. ... > tell you to put in a clue but the clue is not coming up! ...
  • Re: Passwords
    ... Janet wrote: ... Using control alt delete twice I get the log on screen but ... Are you just perusing through groups and responding to as many ...
  • Re: Am I alone ?
    ... If you mean the Administrator Account, that shouldn't really be used on a ... What are you having to do twice ... on startup? ... > This is true for my adminitrator account and my user account. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: cant add an admin acount im stuck!!!!
    ... While the computer is in the login screen, press control+alt+delete twice to ... login to your administrator account. ... (Claiming asylum in an attempt ... to escape paying his debts to ...
  • Re: help - "administrator"
    ... >only way to log into the Administrator account of WinXP ... For WinXP Pro, pressing ... CTRL+ALT+DEL twice at ...