Re: Creating DVD restore point.

What Leonard failed to mention was that an image of your HD does you no
good if you have no means to restore the image...If XP is so corrupted the system wont
start!!
Most of the programs that Leonard mentioned let you create a bootable
rescue CD/DVD with which you would boot the machine.
I know Acronis does I am not sure about the rest as I have never used them
but you can google them to see if they have that capability
peter

or disruptive,please ignore it.

"Carl Gross" <CarlGross@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:8DB70A53-EEA4-4202-8F4D-B85EA928DC0B@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have XP Pro SP3. I would like to make a DVD that would make a restore
point (ie. resurrect the computer's system from the DVD).

How can I do that?

  • Re: OT: Backing up: online or software??
    ... Once you restore the image everything is the same to that point in time when you created the image. ... If you dont know how to ignore a posting complain ... do periodic backups, does it create a new image with the new stuff on ...
  • Re: system restore question
    ... If you dont know how to ignore a posting complain ... then I have had a few issues develop and I wanted to do a restore back to ... out what date was used for the last system restore point used so I can use it ...
  • Re: COA Missing
    ... If you dont know how to ignore a posting complain ... Now I just purchased a larger drive and am trying to do a restore. ... Vista upgrade on it asks for the COA which I cannot find. ... COA from the Vista operating system from that drive. ...
  • Re: recovery files
    ... If you dont know how to ignore a posting complain ... "charles cashion" wrote in message ... provides with the original system so that you can rebuild the entire OS with the Restore Points which the OS provides so you can back up to a previous date/time. ... I wanted to deleted the older recovery files, ...
  • Re: User Access and Windows Update
    ... Restore" and activate a restore point before the updates. ... If you dont know how to ignore a posting complain ... account name and my account is no where to be found. ... even my user account is gone. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)