Creating DVD restore point.

I have XP Pro SP3. I would like to make a DVD that would make a restore
point (ie. resurrect the computer's system from the DVD).

How can I do that?

  • Re: Disk imaging program?
    ... Zerofree is documented to work on ext2, 3 and 4, while sfill allegedly will work with any mounted filesystem (including NTFS? ... If as you suspect, during a restore, I cannot boot a *buntu Live disc, then remove it just before running a dd restoration command (so that the first image DVD can be inserted, ready for dd to find), then I would not be able to create a DVD emergency-recovery/factory-restore set. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: restore HP LAPTOP
    ... I have 2 DVD double layer from HP to restore. ... Windows System Restore is sometimes confused with HP Recovery Manager. ... I have tried to copy the dvd on my USB external Hard disk but on boot ...
    (comp.sys.laptops)
  • Re: Can I save my system files on a DVD?
    ... as an excellent system backup (or restore) ... If your Dell is like some other Dells, as a last recourse, there is ... the system files) I'm wondering if and how I can save the system files? ... it on a DVD. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: System Restore Problems
    ... The DVD player/writer has four options to change. ... > Your system has quite a bit of power with plenty of RAM. ... (Instead of using restore you ... > my windows wont start it say windows system32 configuration fi le is either corrupt or missing it wont start windows. ...
  • Re: How to do it: 8 HP Rescue Disks to 1 HP Rescue Disk?
    ... How did you do the restore DVD? ... want to put a restore partition on floppies! ... The restore partition is a FAT disk some 5GIGs large. ...