Restore Kernel32.dll dnsapi.dll powrprof.dll and wininet.dll

My system got a virus that corrupted the four files:
kernel32.dll
dnsapi.dll
powrprof.dll
wininet.dll
I have cleaned up everything else but I need to restore these. How do I get
the SP3 versions of these files? I have the XP Pro CD but it was the original
release and I have updated since then. Of course, the virus also overwrote
the copies in windows service pack files dir so I can't copy those and I
don't have a restore point so I need to know where I can go to get clean
copies.
Thanks
Durward

  • Re: I had a computer virus that ATT corrected but
    ... virus protector,but is in reality a virus. ... Then I go to the Microsoft restore facility and restore my computer to ... seeing isn't a sign that you have already got the malware -- it's part ... I do a Ghost ...
    (soc.retirement)
  • Re: I had a computer virus that ATT corrected but
    ... virus protector,but is in reality a virus. ... Then I go to the Microsoft restore facility and restore my computer to ... seeing isn't a sign that you have already got the malware -- it's part ... I do a Ghost ...
    (soc.retirement)
  • Re: XP Home & hacktool
    ... virus in the restore point. ... > The infector is rendered impotent while in quarantine. ... > FireWall to allow it to download the needed AV vendor related files. ...
  • Re: Please Help! Aggressive Trojans
    ... Additionally, you should try to see if you can run the antivirus program in Safe Mode, this may open the anti virus program without the gobble de gook, it is recomended by the anti viral programs manufacturer to run it in Safe Mode anyway. ... Remember, the last thing you want to resort to is a complete destructive restore, and if you don't backup in a regular basis you can be out some important file and settings that you have saved along the way. ... this will check the integrity of all the Windows System files and repair if necessary ...
  • RE: Cannot open AD utils
    ... Since you know the problem was the result of a virus, ... that server from scratch to remove any remnants of the virus. ... Use the Backup Program to Back Up and Restore the System ... Naming information could not be located because network path not found. ...