Re: malicious software removal tool

lopar wrote:
yes i saw the corruption on 15 this month.
i know about chkdsk and can run that if you think i should but not heard of
the sfc one - can you tell me how to do that ?

System File Checker:

<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310747>

Have your Microsoft installation CD mounted in your CD/DVD drive, then
from a command prompt: sfc /scannow

Q: Have you written in a previous post that you checked "Scheduled
Tasks" and that nothing is seen that corresponds to the 15th of the month?

--
1PW

  • Help! I Dont know what Ive done.
    ... namely I ran chkdsk /f and then the system file checker. ... SFC ran without reporting anything. ... We've freshened DirectX by downloading and installing directx_feb2007_redist.exe, ...
  • RE: Disk defraggmentor
    ... Run the CHKDSK utility to determine whether a hard disk error occurred. ... Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. ... VISTA System File Checker (SFC) scannow ...
  • Re: SFC not working
    ... >>I'm trying to use the System File Checker, ... >>rights. ... > The SFC needs to be feed with some command-line parameters. ... I always thought that in XP SFC was replaced by CHKDSK? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: System Error
    ... Administrators group to run sfc", ... you should be asking Canon - not Microsoft - about this. ... zoombrowzer and photo edit utilities not the WIA drivers from the camera. ... > A question regarding your info on the system file checker. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Reinstalling Windows Components
    ... In the command prompt type: ... MicrosoftWindows XP Windows File Checker Version 5.1??? ... System File Checker (sfc) help... ... Description of Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 System File Checker ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)