Re: disabling startup-program changes

"Cody Jarrett" wrote:

Mow Row <Mow Row@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi there fellow Microsofters!

***DORK ALERT***

LOL! :P

I am a part System Admin at a small office with no Windows domain (just
workgroup), and would like to carry out the following tasks on my co-workers'
Windows XP Pro computers (locally), while enabling them as administrators (so
they can install / uninstall software / maintain their PCs).

Here is the task I would like to carry out (remember, they have
Administrator accounts as well, but not via Safe Mode, and remember, there is
no domain):

Disable startup-programs from changing. That is, disabling the startup
programs from changing once they install any software. I am not asking how to
change the current startup programs; I know how to do that.

Thanks!
Row

  • Re: disabling startup-program changes
    ... Mow Row wrote: ... Disable startup-programs from changing. ... change the current startup programs; I know how to do that. ...
  • disabling startup-program changes
    ... I am a part System Admin at a small office with no Windows domain (just ... Disable startup-programs from changing. ... change the current startup programs; I know how to do that. ...
  • Windows 2003 Server Desktop/Explorer Crashes on Startup
    ... I startup my windows 2003 server, ... I accessed the startup programs via the task manager ... Gucexol directory amongst the othet enabled startup programs. ...
  • Re: Screen Refresh Rate Dell Dimension 8100
    ... >>Hey, Bill! ... > 256 kilobyte secondary memory cache ... the first thing I'd try would be disabling your Startup ... it doesn't, come back and I'll/we'll tell you how to load startup programs, ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
  • Re: Startup Programs
    ... startup and I don't want it to open at Startup. ... StartMenu\ All Programs\Startup but it still opens. ... Did you just delete it from your user profile's startup folder, or from the global startup programs folder? ... Some security suites disable Windows Defender upon installation, replacing it with their own software. ...