Re: svchost communication concerns - Who is it talking to.

"Shaun" <scepp@xxxxxxx> wrote:

"Bennett Marco" <benmarco@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
"Shaun" <scepp@xxxxxxx> wrote:

I forgot to mention that the program that gave me the virus as a DivX
codec
and player that I downloaded off the net. I think I got it from
www.DivX.com , either was the offer the save codec and player that I'm
using. I uninstalled it before reformating my drive and it tried
contacting
akamaitechnologies.com, and that is the web site that svchost.exe in
triing
to contact.

I have had DivX on my machine for several months... no problems at
all.

Well I'm suspecting that it spies on us, or worse.

[snip]

Nope. But for peace of mind, you might find something useful here:

http://zapatopi.net/afdb/

  • Re: viewing .asf files with WMP 11.0 for XP
    ... Popular players I came across are quick time and divx player. ... I think I have the MP4S codec supported on my PC yet it won't ... Digital Media MVP: 2004-2008 ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Re: viewing .asf files with WMP 11.0 for XP
    ... After further review the video clip files stored with this camcorder are ... Popular players I came across are quick time and divx player. ... I think I have the MP4S codec supported on my PC yet it won't play. ... Digital Media MVP: 2004-2008 ...
    ... See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info. ... Popular players I came across are quick time and divx player. ... I think I have the MP4S codec supported on my PC yet it ... Digital Media MVP: 2004-2008 ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Re: viewing .asf files with WMP 11.0 for XP
    ... MP4S is *really* specific. ... Popular players I came across are quick time and divx player. ... I think I have the MP4S codec supported on my PC yet it won't ... Digital Media MVP: 2004-2008 ...