Re: svchost communication concerns - Who is it talking to.

"Shaun" <scepp@xxxxxxx> wrote:

"Bennett Marco" <benmarco@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
"Shaun" <scepp@xxxxxxx> wrote:

I forgot to mention that the program that gave me the virus as a DivX
codec
and player that I downloaded off the net. I think I got it from
www.DivX.com , either was the offer the save codec and player that I'm
using. I uninstalled it before reformating my drive and it tried
contacting
akamaitechnologies.com, and that is the web site that svchost.exe in
triing
to contact.

I have had DivX on my machine for several months... no problems at
all.

Well I'm suspecting that it spies on us, or worse.

[snip]

Nope. But for peace of mind, you might find something useful here:

http://zapatopi.net/afdb/

.