Re: firewall shutting down and not starting up

been having the same problem has you,so how do we know why it does that,am to
the only one on this computer andhave admnistration power?

"thebrain" wrote:

i turn it on mannually whe i get the message that it has turned off
it stays on for a while or until i log off or shut down

"Leonard Grey" wrote:

Last try:

"its always off when i log on...and turns off at random times"

So when does it turn on?

Does Event Viewer provide any further information?
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

thebrain wrote:
i have a norton anti virus installed
i checked and it doesnt have a firewall
i know that the firewall is turned off because i get a message from the
security alerts telling me that the firewall is off
its always off when i log on and whenl i turn on the computer and turns off
at random times while im working

"Leonard Grey" wrote:

How do you know that Windows Firewall "doesn't startup when i turn it
on, restart or log on"?

And if it never starts in the first place, how does it "turn off when im
online"?

Do you have any other software firewall installed?
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

thebrain wrote:
the windows firewall
it shuts down at random times and whenever i log off or shut down

"Leonard Grey" wrote:

And which firewall are you asking about?
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

thebrain wrote:
i have windows xp sp2 that was upgraded to sp3. my firewall doesnt startup
when i turn it on, restart or log on. it turns off when im online too. im
the only user and i have an administrator account. i want to know how i can
make sure that it always stays on.

    ... thebrain wrote: ... i know that the firewall is turned off because i get a message from the security alerts telling me that the firewall is off ... its always off when i log on and whenl i turn on the computer and turns off at random times while im working ... "Leonard Grey" wrote: ...
  • Re: firewall shutting down and not starting up
    ... "Leonard Grey" wrote: ... Errare humanum est ... thebrain wrote: ... i know that the firewall is turned off because i get a message from the ...
  • Re: firewall shutting down and not starting up
    ... Leonard Grey ... Errare humanum est ... thebrain wrote: ... restart or log on. ...