Re: Windows XP Hpme Folder Access Problem

What are the rights and ownership shown when you first look at the copied folders in Safe Mode?

I agree with Malke re. needing to look at the UNIX side, but there might be a possible work around. You might try adding a line(s) like the following to the batch file after the copy operation.

cacls "folderpath" /t /g Username:F

I used the following in a batch file for a customer to address a slightly similar problem.
CD \problem folder
cacls ".\*.*" /t /g Everyone:F

--

"Somchai" <Somchai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:66121694-62DD-4D4E-AC8D-95B9345C5BAB@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am having a client which is running a BSD server and all the PC's running
Windows XP Home. One notebook is synchronizing two folder with a third party
application through a batch file. Synchronization is working no problem, if
I create a folder on the server, then run the batch file I am having the new
file/folder on the Notebook. However, if I try to access the folder it gives
me the error ACCESS DENIED. All used to work fine until recently. I still
can access all the other folders which were synchronized in the past, but all
ner folders/files now I am getting the said error.
I have booted in Safe Mode and changed the Security in the root and
inherited the permission and applied it to the child objects. After I have
done that, all the folders which weren't accessable are now accessable.
However, if I boot normal these files are accessable but from this point on
if I create a new folder on the server and synchronize again I am back to
scretch one, Access denied on the newly created folder. I then can go to
safe mode again do the proceedure as mentioned the I have access. But that
can not be the point that I have to do this all the time and especially not
my customer.
Any idea were the problem lies that this only occurs on the new created
folders

Thank you in advance

.