firewall shutting down and not starting up

i have windows xp sp2 that was upgraded to sp3. my firewall doesnt startup
when i turn it on, restart or log on. it turns off when im online too. im
the only user and i have an administrator account. i want to know how i can
make sure that it always stays on.

Relevant Pages

  • Word msg on shutdown
    ... or other messages about Word during a shutdown ... or restart even though Word was not opened during that session. ... Windows XP SP2 ... Word 2002 SP3 ...
  • Cant get Stand By to work
    ... I'm using xp sp2 (I don't want sp3 as I've heard some horror stories about it). ... I'm able to shut down ok and even restart ok, but the Stand By does not respond. ...
  • Re: Windows XP Repair Installation Hangs
    ... from sp3 to sp2 you must ... format the disk first. ... i.e. install an older operating ... that involved sp2 and sp3, ...
  • Re: Should I re-install XP Home?
    ... I ran that, and found 1041 malware issues, ... mostly from those toolbars and that Bear Share program. ... I do have a XP Home SP2 CD. ... I downloaded the SP3 upgrade from MS, ...
  • Re: Word 2003 SP3 fails to import EMF
    ... I did NOT try to rollback from SP3 to SP2 by copying DLLs manually. ... Instead we completely deinstalled MS-Office and re-installed with SP2. ... Then we tested the EMF capability. ...