Re: Unable install programs with administrator rights

Registry permissions?

John

Shreyank wrote:
I did...the permissions are fine..i don't know what else to look at..

Shreyank

'John John - MVP[_2_ Wrote:
;3306850']Did you check the permissions on the Application Data
folders?

John

Shreyank wrote:-
Hi,

I recently purchased a new hard drive and installed Windows XP SP3. I
created 2 user accounts both with administrator access. However, when
try to install any programs, it gives me the following error:

"An error occured while attempting to create the directory
C:\Documents
and Settings\.....\Application Data\xxxxx" (.... being the User
folder
name and xxxxx being the applications folder)

Please help!

Thanks!

-

  • Re: Unable install programs with administrator rights
    ... John John - MVP wrote: ... Shreyank wrote:- ... I recently purchased a new hard drive and installed Windows XP SP3. ... being the applications folder) ...
  • Re: Unable install programs with administrator rights
    ... 'John John - MVP[_2_ Wrote: ... Shreyank wrote:- ... I recently purchased a new hard drive and installed Windows XP SP3. ... being the applications folder) ...
  • Re: Unable install programs with administrator rights
    ... Shreyank wrote:- ... I recently purchased a new hard drive and installed Windows XP SP3. ... being the applications folder) ...
  • Re: can not delete strange char file in internet temp folder
    ... del x:\*.*, error filename or dir name syntax error ... "John John" wrote: ... folder path with a drive letter then try deleting from the substitute drive. ... Explorer.exe to the command prompt, ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: C:Drive is full
    ... Everett Joline wrote: ... moving/deleting stuff in the winnt folder won't really make much difference to alleviate your problems. ... 1- Use non destructive partitioning software like Partition Magic or BootItNG and increase the size of the C: ... Sorry, John John, for the confusion. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)