wifi file sharing security

Hi friends,

hope you are in the best of your healths.

Here it goes- I have a desktop and a laptop sharing a common internet.
The desktop is "wired" to router and laptop is connected via "wifi" to
same router.

I also share files and data between the 2 computers over LAN (not
internet). And I have allowed root sharing of the drives in both
computer.

What more can I do to secure my files and data while sharing between
the 2 systems and also from the internet??????

Its working fine. The problem is, the people next door are smart. So I
want adequate security measures to prevent misuse of my internet
connection and access to my files and data on both computer to
outsiders.

Measures already take:
1) I have enabled WPA2 only wireless security to router, given a
strong password
2) changed the default username and password of the router, to a very
strong one.

--
hiprakhar
hiprakhar's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/65203.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

  • Re: wifi file sharing security
    ... Here it goes- I have a desktop and a laptop sharing a common internet. ... same router. ... so only computers that *you* specify by MAC Address can connect to the router. ...
  • Re: wifi file sharing security
    ... Here it goes- I have a desktop and a laptop sharing a common internet. ... I have enabled WPA2 wireless security in router, ... You will have to take these settings into consideration when adding a new device, another laptop for example. ...
    (comp.os.ms-windows.nt.admin.security)
  • Re: XP Home safe file sharing (newbie)
    ... Each PC can access the Internet but I want to share files between each PC but without compromising security re the Internet. ... when I set them up to do File & Folder Sharing there are all these warnings about security and that if I Share then anyone on the Net can access my files. ... You really, really, need an outer layer, ie a NAT router, protecting your ... Router is NAT or NOT! ...
  • wifi file sharing security
    ... Here it goes- I have a desktop and a laptop sharing a common internet. ... I have enabled WPA2 wireless security in router, ... changed the default username and password of the router, ...
    (comp.os.ms-windows.nt.admin.security)
  • Re: Need Wifi Security. Please Help Me!
    ... Here it goes- I have a desktop and a laptop sharing a common internet. ... same router. ... want adequate security measures to prevent misuse of my internet ...