wifi file sharing security

Hi friends,

hope you are in the best of your healths.

Here it goes- I have a desktop and a laptop sharing a common internet.
The desktop is "wired" to router and laptop is connected via "wifi" to
same router.

I also share files and data between the 2 computers over LAN (not
internet). And I have allowed root sharing of the drives in both
computer.

What more can I do to secure my files and data while sharing between
the 2 systems and also from the internet??????

Its working fine. The problem is, the people next door are smart. So I
want adequate security measures to prevent misuse of my internet
connection and access to my files and data on both computer to
outsiders.

Measures already take:
1) I have enabled WPA2 only wireless security to router, given a
strong password
2) changed the default username and password of the router, to a very
strong one.

--
hiprakhar
hiprakhar's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/65203.htm