Re: KB905474 Genuine Advantage Notification

Larry,

My Windows Genuine Advantage Noficiation has competely locked up my computer
(I'm sending this message from a different computer). The computer has a
completely genuine (and expensive) version of XP.

Is there a look-alike Virus? If not, is there any way to get rid of what
seems to be a vary nasty "bug" (or "feature" if you say so)?

Bob

P.S. My Windows computer is now very secure - no one can use it!

"Larry Samuels" wrote:

You should not see anything unless the validation tool thinks the install of
Windows is not legit. In that case it will pop up a message informing you
there is a problem and offer methods of acquiring genuine software.

--
Customers in the U.S. and Canada can receive technical support from
Microsoft Product Support Services at 1-866-PCSAFETY. There is no charge for
"AliceZ" <AliceZ@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
We downloaded the KB905474 Genuine Advantage Notification critical update
today and wonder if we are supposed to see anything after the
installation.
The program did download, install and then we were advised to restart the
computer - which we did. But we never saw any pop-up notification about
whether our Windows program was 'genuine,' etc.
Were we supposed to see anything? Are we supposed to check some place else
(similar to KB890830)?
Please advise and thank you.

  • Re: WGA Questions
    ... > "Windows Genuine Advantage is a program designed to increase customer ... > awareness and preference for genuine Windows XP software by highlighting ... > "A.The genuine validation process will collect information about your ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Spoof or what....
    ... The links seem genuine - and they seem to 'land' on a genuine ... Support for Windows XP with Service Pack 2 is coming to an end ... Support for SP2 IS coming to an end. ...
    (alt.os.windows-xp)
  • Re: Spoof or what....
    ... The links seem genuine - and they seem to 'land' on a genuine ... Support for Windows XP with Service Pack 2 is coming to an end ... Support for SP2 IS coming to an end. ...
    (alt.os.windows-xp)
  • Re: Windows Genuine Advantage Notification (KB905474)
    ... You may have genuine software - but you are having an issue with the ... Description of the Windows Genuine Advantage Notifications application ... Download, install, run, update and perform a full scan with the ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • RE: Windows Genuine Advantage Notification (Windows Update #KB905474)
    ... it is actingg as genuine malicious spyware o n my machine. ... Windows came with my HP computer last year. ... copy of the results to the WGA Validation Problems forum at... ... provide even more information about my computer for Microsoft to screw ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)