Re: Schedule task runs only when the creator logs on

Try scheduling the jobs to run under the System account with the AT command. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/223375

John

Hii Sing Chung wrote:
Hi,

I have a team of 5 members who take turn to cover duties round the clock, so they take turn to login to 2 PCs. All the member have no administrative right over the PCs as that is a security requirement. I have scheduled 3 scripts to run at various times of the day but I found that the scripts can only run when the creator of the scheduled task logged on, when other user logged on, it said 'running' but failed and occasionally I managed to see the screen saying "access denied". If I create similar scheduled tasks for every member, that is, member 1 logged on, create the 3 scheduled tasks, member 2 logged on, created another 3 scheduled tasks, and so on, I then will create 15 scheduled tasks on both machines. This will allow 3 of the scripts to run successfully each time, the rest failed. I think that is not a neat solution. Is there a better way to accomplish this, without involving administrative privileges?

Thanks in advance

Sing Chung

  • Re: Scheduled tasks dont end
    ... All of the "Scheduled Tasks" are run under the authority ... of Winzip's scheduling. ... prompt whenever a Winzip "job" is to be run. ... the security setting in Winzip's security warning option settings. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • RE: Risks posed by Windows XP Scheduled Tasks?
    ... remotely scheduling jobs by users is unacceptable. ... But, in our environment, anybody can logon on any workstation. ... Risks posed by Windows XP Scheduled Tasks? ... allowing remote users to schedule jobs. ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • Re: Task schedule problems
    ... told me I needed to log on with a password as any scheduled tasks will not ... I have two hard drives both NTFS, ... > My problem is using the win backup utility and scheduling it for a ... > full backup on Sundays at 2 a.m., all the other days I've scheduled a ...
  • Re: AT command not producinigcommand prompt
    ... impression that scheduling it via the AT command will produce just that. ... I get a scheduled job id and can watch the scheduled tasks and task ... therefore preventing me from creating my excel based SQL DB ...
  • Re: Power Options Properties
    ... AVG Anti-virus and Windows Defender to do scheduled scans late at night. ... PC running and do not go into a standby state. ... Do I need to do my scheduling through "Scheduled Tasks" rather from the ...