Re: Troj/Rustok-N and WINBLUESOFT

From: "GimmeShelter" <GimmeShelter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

| Hello,

| I have both of the above unrelated malware/virus/whatever, and am in
| quite a bit of trouble as a result. Are there any known solid prodecures for
| removing these? I have Windows XP SP3. Thanks

| P.S. the Trojan mention in the title is also known as DNSChanger/DNSHijacker
| and 'redirect virus'.
| 'WINBLUESOFT' is a malicious, fake antivirus tool.

Download and execute HiJack This! (HJT)
http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en-US/_download/HJTInstall.exe

Then post the contents of the HJT log in your post with a full explanation of your problem
and what you have done to date in one of the below expert forums...

{ Please - Do NOT post the HJT Log here ! }

Forums where you can get expert advice for HiJack This! (HJT) Logs.

NOTE: Registration is REQUIRED in any of the below before posting a log

Suggested primary:

Suggested secondary:
http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showforum=7

Suggested tertiary:
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/cleanup
http://www.cybertechhelp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25
http://www.atribune.org/forums/index.php?showforum=9
http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/Malware_Removal_HiJackThis_Logs_Go_Here-f37.html
http://gladiator-antivirus.com/forum/index.php?showforum=170
http://forum.networktechs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=130
http://forums.maddoktor2.com/index.php?showforum=17
http://www.spywarewarrior.com/viewforum.php?f=5
http://forums.spywareinfo.com/index.php?showforum=18
http://forums.techguy.org/f54-s.html
http://forums.tomcoyote.org/index.php?showforum=27
http://forums.subratam.org/index.php?showforum=7
http://www.5starsupport.com/ipboard/index.php?showforum=18
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30
http://makephpbb.com/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=2
http://forums.techguy.org/54-security/
http://forums.security-central.us/forumdisplay.php?f=13

--
Dave

  • Re: Any idea which bug this is?
    ... | Is there a particular malware responsible for the above, ... Download and execute HiJack This! ... Then post the contents of the HJT log in your post in one of the below expert forums... ... Forums where you can get expert advice for HiJack This! ...
    (alt.comp.anti-virus)
  • Re: poison ivy trojan
    ... | Also in the task scheduler, I suspect that may have a lot to do with what's ... Download and execute HiJack This! ... Then post the contents of the HJT log in your post in one of the below expert forums... ... Forums where you can get expert advice for HiJack This! ...
  • Re: Virus? malware?
    ... Please stay far away from the fake MS MVP, software plagiarizer and software pirate who ... Download and execute HiJack This! ... Then post the contents of the HJT log in your post with a full explanation of your problem ... Forums where you can get expert advice for HiJack This! ...
    (alt.comp.anti-virus)
  • Re: a nasty virus
    ... While all viruses are malware, ... Download and execute HiJack This! ... Then post the contents of the HJT log in your post in one of the below expert forums... ... Forums where you can get expert advice for HiJack This! ...
  • Re: Virus I think
    ... | How do you disable registry editing I did not even know you could do that. ... Download and execute HiJack This! ... Then post the contents of the HJT log in your post in one of the below expert forums... ... Forums where you can get expert advice for HiJack This! ...