Re: windows is blocking zip files

using PK unzip corrected the problem. Was able to unzip the folder

"Steve S" wrote:

No

On that machine we also turned off all firewall and anti-virus programs,
still couldn't extract files. The company that created the folder suggests
using PK unzip, I'll download and try it.

"Leonard Grey" wrote:

Does "another machine" have the identical security setup as your machine?
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Steve S wrote:
i can view and unzip other folders without a problem. i just try it on
another machine with the same results. it may be the folder.

"Leonard Grey" wrote:

Could your security software be blocking the archive? Archives are a
common vector for infection.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Steve S wrote:
When i try to unzip a folder I got the message that the folder is blocked
to unzip the folder goto properties and unblock the folder, which I did. The
folder still will not unzip. I go back to properties and the unblock button
is gone. I'm running XP Pro sp3

How can i unzip?

  • Re: CWS searchx strain wont go away
    ... > Download: CWShredder ... > Unzip, but do not run it yet, it will be needed later. ... > Navigate to System32 folder. ... I have followed the instructions below and still can't shake ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: windows is blocking zip files
    ... The company that created the folder suggests ... "Leonard Grey" wrote: ... to unzip the folder goto properties and unblock the folder, ...
  • Re: Zipfile module errors
    ... Do read and try to understand the output from your own script, ... Like you are trying to unzip your own logfile?? ... This is strange because I can see the zipped file inside the folder / ... zipped files, unzip them and process the data inside. ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: Making an EXE using Winzip Self Extractor Personal Edition
    ... > I'm trying to create a self extracting .exe file from a zip file. ... > enter in the Default "Unzip To" folder field. ...
    (comp.compression)