Re: windows is blocking zip files

using PK unzip corrected the problem. Was able to unzip the folder

"Steve S" wrote:

No

On that machine we also turned off all firewall and anti-virus programs,
still couldn't extract files. The company that created the folder suggests
using PK unzip, I'll download and try it.

"Leonard Grey" wrote:

Does "another machine" have the identical security setup as your machine?
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Steve S wrote:
i can view and unzip other folders without a problem. i just try it on
another machine with the same results. it may be the folder.

"Leonard Grey" wrote:

Could your security software be blocking the archive? Archives are a
common vector for infection.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Steve S wrote:
When i try to unzip a folder I got the message that the folder is blocked
to unzip the folder goto properties and unblock the folder, which I did. The
folder still will not unzip. I go back to properties and the unblock button
is gone. I'm running XP Pro sp3

How can i unzip?

.