Re: KB963027 Windows XP Patch

In article <459BA6FE-D1FF-4ED0-B46E-8B24993CC8E0@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
lsuesec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx says...

After installing the MS09-014 (KB959425) patch onto our Windows XP SP2
workstations that connect to a Novell network, we receive "Tree or Server
name cannot be found". We have to enter the IP address of the Server's Name
in order to connect to newtwork. After uninstalling this patch there is no
issue. Anyone else having this issue? or have any idea's what causes this?

Check for additional windows updates - 3027 patch broke authentication
and a newer update fixes it with "CompanyWeb" for SBS 2003 - yes, I know
that it's not Novell, but it could be the same issue.

drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"
spam999free@xxxxxxxxxx (remove 999 for proper email address)

  • Re: Loading 2 versions of runtime
    ... On a Novell network the server controls the content of the ... installing "sanctioned" programs only. ... and that is accessed by workstations through the ...
    (comp.databases.ms-access)
  • Re: Win2003 Networking Alternative
    ... SFT-III, which is mirrored server, havent done this for a decade, but from ... In a way I could suggest going Windows all the way and ditch Novell, ... up with the market, became too arrogant because of their large market share. ... In case of Novell network failure what would be an alternative ...
  • RE: Migrating from Novell to Windows Server 2003
    ... Migrating from Novell to Windows Server 2003 ... I'm preparing to migrate from a Novell Network to Windows 2003 server by ... I installed Novel Client for Microsoft on ...
  • Using IIS Manager on a remote Win2k3 IIS 6.0
    ... We have a Novell network and a Window 2k3 native network. ... IIS server on the 2k3 side but we need to manage it from both sides. ... member of the Domain Admins group and the Administrators group on the IIS ...