Re: push updates to clients

hipa wrote:
If I would like to upgrade or install patches on 100+ XP clients
from a 2003 server. What would be the best way? No one has
administrator rights off cours. I can't go and install software on
each and every computer separately. This question has got to sound
familiar to lots of sys-admins I think?

And Google and other search engines, for that matter... ;-)

WSUS.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

  • Re: User unable to install software
    ... Are you talking about users installing software on the server or on ... Is showing as being a member of the administrators group on the ... Effectively this gives the user all capabiliites to the workstation ... however one user can install software and the other can't and I ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Visual C++ Projects on Network Drives
    ... Can you elaborate on what you mean by the network drive is "unsafe". ... If so and they have complete access rights to this folder (they ... workstation (not the server itself) and it shouldn't have access to anything ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.language)
  • Re: Imaging
    ... With their small business bundle, you *can* install software on the PC's, ... for 1 server and 10 workstations. ... What software do you recommend/had good experiences with for imaging? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: share a network drive with clients
    ... in from the server. ... another big domain in which clients can install software from this ... I though I could do the same for the SBS clients. ... I mapped a network drive to my SBS 2003. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Win2008 rights
    ... server and print operators have a right to logon locally and also shut ... You can't just have local administrator rights on a DC. ... the right to shutdown a DC? ...