Re: push updates to clients

Your network's administrator should already have known about these
standard methods, but:

Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) Home
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/wsus/default.aspx

System Center Configuration Manager Home Page
http://www.microsoft.com/systemcenter/configurationmanager/en/us/
default.aspx

Apparently he didn't, shame.

I've read about WSUS. Am I correct that this isn't a push technology?
Clients pull their upgrades? Can one install software via WSUS? Isn't it
necesarry to first install a client program of WSUS on each client
manually?

I'll take a look at the second link.

Thanks for the quick answer!

  • Re: push updates to clients
    ... I've read about WSUS. ... Can one install software ... WSUS on each client manually? ... It is registry settings or group policy settings - depending on your setup. ...
  • Re: WSUS Client not yet reported
    ... I understand that a client workstation is always in "not ... The root cause can be at either the server side or the client side. ... please check if it works with WSUS. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Computer not signed for WSUS
    ... One of the client computer cannot be detected by the WSUS. ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: WSUS Client not yet reported
    ... Client cannot get updates from WSUS. ... Checked IP restriction setting of WSUS Administration ... Microsoft Online Newsgroup Support ... This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: WSUS Client not yet reported
    ... The root cause can be at either the server side or the client side. ... please check if it works with WSUS. ... any updates in your thread. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)