Re: Rootkit finders and removers

| Are there respectable packages out there that find and remove rootkits
and if
| so, what are they? Or has the technology not caught up with the
hackers
| here. I see a number on the web, but all are suspiciously offered for
free.
tHANKS

--
vss44

  • Rootkit finders and removers
    ... Are there respectable packages out there that find and remove rootkits and if ... Or has the technology not caught up with the hackers ...
  • Re: Rootkit finders and removers
    ... Or has the technology not caught up with the hackers ... The ones mentions are not as good as this one, Gmer ...
  • Re: No Defense Against Windows Rootkits?
    ... >> technology to stay hidden in a system. ... >> moment the technology to defend a Windows system from these things is ... > concept of rootkits was imported to Windows from the *nix world. ... need to reboot with a cd with the saved file hashes to detect a break in ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • No Defense Against Windows Rootkits?
    ... "Spyware bad guys started using rootkits ... the technology to defend a Windows system from these things is very poor. ... Is the closed source code of Windows preventing us from actively defending ...
    (alt.computer.security)