Re: Rootkit finders and removers

From: "Anthony Fontana" <AnthonyFontana@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

| Are there respectable packages out there that find and remove rootkits and if
| so, what are they? Or has the technology not caught up with the hackers
| here. I see a number on the web, but all are suspiciously offered for free.

The ones mentions are not as good as this one, Gmer

http://www.gmer.net/

Gmer is the *best* anti rootkit utility.

--
Dave

  • Re: Rootkit finders and removers
    ... | Are there respectable packages out there that find and remove rootkits ... Or has the technology not caught up with the ...
  • Rootkit finders and removers
    ... Are there respectable packages out there that find and remove rootkits and if ... Or has the technology not caught up with the hackers ...
  • Re: No Defense Against Windows Rootkits?
    ... >> technology to stay hidden in a system. ... >> moment the technology to defend a Windows system from these things is ... > concept of rootkits was imported to Windows from the *nix world. ... need to reboot with a cd with the saved file hashes to detect a break in ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: WHICH is the best Rootkit PREVENTION software ?
    ... I've got GMER, it looks pretty much the same as previous "hidden file / process revealers," unless I've missed something somewhere! ... providing help on how to defeat rootkits and removing spyware. ... Microsoft also has included a security feature called Kernel Patch ... Protection, or Patch Guard, in the 64-bit versions of its Windows OS. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: sneaky trojan startup process
    ... It scans for rootkits, but also has the ability to remove anything if ... there is a virus called avenger ... ... The new one I found is "gmer". ... There's only 2 reviews. ...
    (alt.machines.cnc)