Re: Restore Default System Security Settings for XP Home
- From: Malke <malke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2009 08:56:39 -0800
I have XP home. I got a virus that has locked down components of the
computer. I get a access denied when trying to do administrative stuff.
Is there a way to Restore Default System Security Settings for XP Home. I
saw the following command line to do it, but it doesn't work for XP home.
"secedit /configure /cfg %windir%\repair\secsetup.inf /db secsetup.sdb
At this point, your best course of action is to back up your data and do a
clean install of Windows. If you want to spend time on this instead, get
guided help at one of the specialty forums listed below.
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!
- Prev by Date: Re: Password
- Next by Date: Re: deactivation of Office 2007 Pro
- Previous by thread: Restore Default System Security Settings for XP Home
- Next by thread: Re: Restore Default System Security Settings for XP Home